Cold and flu season is upon us, and some feel a little unprepared.
Ways to Stay Healthy This Cold and Flu Season
No Name Nutrition is here to help you prepare your body before getting sick and give yourself the best chance at getting well again. Here are some ways to help prepare your body and improve your chances of staying healthy during cold and flu season.
- Wash your hands frequently- Your hands are easy vessels for spreading germs. You touch surfaces, cover your nose when you sneeze, or when you touch your face and eyes, so it is important to was your hands well several times a day, especially when coming in from outside, after using the restroom, and before meals.
- Disinfect high touch areas-Germs can live on surfaces for several hours. Disinfecting high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, counter tops, your phone, areas in bathrooms, and kitchens is important to removing germs and bacteria. Disinfect handles, remotes and lights witches often will make a difference.
- Eat a healthy diet- A healthy diet full of the right vitamins for nutrients that play key roles in our body!
- Use immune boosters- Elderberry, Oregano Oil and Vitamin C are great immune boosters that you can take on a daily basis. These will help prevent illnesses, and help speed up recovery time.
- Get a good night’s sleep- Getting quality sleep on a regular basis will increase your immune system, and helps your body fight off colds, the flu, and other infections.
- Stay hydrated- Staying hydrated is important to one’s health. Drinking enough water can help you sleep better, improves your immunity, and can help fight off infection.
- Exercise regularly – Exercise can lower stress and helps stimulate the immune system and promotes better sleep.
- Listen to your body- You know yourself better than anyone, and when symptoms start to pop up be aware. IF you are feeling more tired than normal or not feeling yourself, reach out, get helps, and make sure you are treating your symptoms.
- Talk with your family doctor- Reach out for professional advice if you feel that you are more high risk if you contracted the flu. If your condition worsens with the flu it is important to reach out and seek medical advice.
If you are looking for other ways to stay healthy and boost your immune system this cold and flu season, reach out to us with questions about improving your immunity this cold and flu season! Find immune boosting products and more at No Name Nutrition Market.